Mon, 25 Sept|
Location is TBD
Veterans Banger Rally 2023
A “Banger Rally” is as the name suggests, an organised event, bringing together Veterans from all areas of the Armed Forces, that share a common goal of driving a clapped-out banger via 2500+ mile challenge around Europe in a bid to raise funds for charity.
Time & Location
25 Sept 2023, 08:00 BST – 30 Sept 2023, 23:50 BST
Location is TBD
About the event
Do we have to raise funds for charity?
Yes, however you can raise funds for any charity close to your own heart, we would ask though, that if you are intending to raise funds for charity, that the first £100 of your fundraising goes directly to Blind Veterans UK
ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER
A MINIMUM of one member of each team is required to be either a serving member or a veteran of the armed forces.
The remaining team members can be made up of family/friends.
A “Banger Rally” is as the name suggests, an organised event, bringing together Veterans from all areas of the Armed Forces, that share a common goal of driving a clapped-out banger via a 2500+ mile challenge around Europe in a bid to raise funds for charity.
The older and more knackered the car, the better. Cover the rust and cracks with stickers and “gaffa tape” and away we go…….
Test your car (and your sanity) whilst driving through some of the most beautiful roads that Europe has to offer.
Visiting 6 countries in 5 days.
A party atmosphere is almost guaranteed with up to a maximum of 100 teams driving the route from Dover to Gibraltar in stupid-looking cars.
The idea is quite a simple one………..
- · Buy a vehicle for £999 or less (You can spend extra to get it roadworthy etc)
- · Customise to your heart's desire
- · Drive it from your hometown to Dover and join the fun!!
- · Obtain sponsorship for your chosen charity (military or non-military)
- Other points to consider.
- · £300 entry fee per team (NOT PER PERSON)
- · Vehicle must be fully insured for all drivers for the duration of the event
- · Vehicle must have valid tax and in-date MOT for the duration of the event
- · Team can consist of either 2,3 or 4 people.(individuals in a car ON THEIR OWNare NOT allowed to enter for safety reasons)
- · All teams MUST hold European breakdown recovery.
What do I get for my entry fee?
- · List of rules and regulations.
- · Single ferry crossing from Dover to Dunkirk(based on a standard car) if you are using a van/motorhome etc, you may be asked to pay the difference between the two prices.
- · Decal pack for your vehicle (More can be purchased from our supplier)
- · Event insurance (Not car insurance)
- · A small amount towards the upkeep of the website
- · Admin fee
- · Medals for all participants
- · Certificates for all teams
- · Spot Prizes
- · Prizes for the best car (top 3)
FULL TERMS AND CODITIONS CAN BE FOUND ON THE EVENT PAGE
READ THEM CAREFULLY!!!!
Veteran Banger Rally Team Tick
Entry fee per team (NOT PER PERSON)£300.00+£7.50 service fee